SWISS JAM ROLLS RECIPE IDEA
A Swiss Roll is a light sponge cake with a filling such as jam, cream, or lemon curd. It is rolled into a log shape, and has a spiral pattern when sliced. During 1960s, manufacturing Swiss Rolls as snacks became fairly popular. However, nothing beats the taste of homemade swiss jam rolls.
Once you’ve tried this recipe you can switch it up for a different taste simply by using some of our other Kissan Signature Jams, including Strawberry, Guava, Pineapple and Mango!IS IT YOUR FIRST TIME TO TRY SWISS JAM ROLLS?
You won’t regret trying these deliciously easy Swiss Jam Rolls made using our Kissan Mixed Fruit Jam. Perfect with afternoon tea or as a mid day snack.
- 4 tbsp Kissan Mix Fruit Jam
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla essence
- Pre-Heat oven at 400 F
- Grease 10” x 6” aluminium tray (or baking tray) with butter, place a butter paper of the same size over it and again grease the butter paper with butter. Keep aside.
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a deep bowl, beat it with beater for 3 to 4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the plain flour and vanilla essence and mix gently.
- Transfer the batter into the baking tray and bake it for 8 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly. Once it is slightly cooled, loosen the sides of the cake using a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle some sugar on a dry area, take out the cake from tray and put it over sugar surface.
- Apply the jam evenly over the cake and roll the cake gently from one side to the other to form a Swiss roll.
- Cut into equal portions using a sharp knife. Serve immediately.
A combination of fruity flavours, Kissan Mixed Fruit Jam is made from fresh ingredient that can be used as a spread on toast, crackers, pita bread, crepes and even as a topping over yogurt or ice cream.