SWEET CHILI FALAFEL
Let’s turn this popular Middle Eastern Fast Food into a ‘Healthy Vegan Protein Substitute!’ We decided to bake the falafel instead of deep-frying and honestly it tasted exactly the same except with much fewer calories. And this time try it with Kissan Sweet Chili Sauce which brings such a vibrant flavour and a kick of spice (no offence tahini)
Sweet Chili Falafel Recipe
- 2 tbsp Kissan Sweet Chili Sauce (Per Pita)
- 1 cup Dried Chickpeas, soaked overnight (don't use canned chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Parsley, roughly chopped (about a one large bunch)
- 1 cup Cilantro, roughly chopped (about a one large bunch)
- 1 Small Green Chile Pepper, serrano or jalapeno pepper
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Chickpea flour
- The night before, soak the dried chickpeas in water. Make sure the water covers the chickpeas by 2-3 inches, as they'll triple in size.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them to your food processor, along with the onion, parsley, cilantro, pepper, garlic, cumin, salt, cardamom and black pepper.
- Pulse the food processor several times until the mixture resembles the texture of coarse sand.
- Transfer the falafel mixture to a bowl and add the chickpea flour to the mixture.
- Use your hands, an ice cream scoop or falafel scoop to form the falafel into balls or patties. If you find the mixture is too wet, you can add another tablespoon of chickpea flour. If it's too dry and crumbly, you can add a teaspoon or two of water or lemon juice.
- Preheat your oven to 425F. Lightly brush a baking sheet with oil. Place the falafel on the baking sheet, lightly spray or brush the top side with oil and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- For crispy exterior broil the falafels for 2-3 minutes or until the crust turns golden.
- Enjoy them as is with Kissan Sweet Chili Sauce or add them to your pita with your favourite salad.
Hope you enjoyed this Sweet Chili Falafel Recipe!
We are so glad you are here! Let us know when you make this dish when you share to social media for a chance to be featured on our page! Hope you enjoy this comfort food with someone you LOVE!
Don't Have all the Ingredients?! Get Kissan Products Here:
"When Quality Counts, Trust In Kissan"