SPICED ROASTED EGGPLANT (BAIGAN BHARTHA)
Have you heard of Spiced Roasted Eggplant (Baigan Bhartha)? It is a dish from the Indian subcontinent that originated in the Punjab region. ‘Baingan ka bharta’ is a part of the national cuisines of all nation states of the Indian subcontinent. It is a vegetarian dish that is prepared by mincing eggplant that is grilled over charcoal or direct fire.
The mouth watering taste and aroma of Kissan Garam Masala that you cannot ignore. Pair Kissan Desi Ghee and Kissan Garam Masala with authentic Indian vegetables for delicious taste.
Here is the recipe for you!
Spiced Roasted Eggplant (Baigan Bhartha)
- Pre heat oven at 425 degrees F.
- Wash egg plant and pat dry it. (try using big size eggplant, that is easy to roast and peel.
- Brush little oil on eggplant and roast under hot oven until the skin turn to black and eggplant get soften inside. You can check occasionally.
- Remove it from oven, let it cool for a while. Peel and slice it. Keep it aside.
- Heat the Kissan Desi Ghee in large pan on medium heat, stir-fry the onion until lightly browned.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, red pepper powder and Kissan Garam Masala and stir fry for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and chili to pan and continue to stir-fry. wait for 5 minutes until ghee start separating from masala mixture. (alternatively you can add spices later and tomatoes first too)
- Add sliced eggplant. Mix thoroughly. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until dry on low heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot with naan or roti.
- All done!! take a picture and let us know how it turned out.