SAVORY CHINESE EGGPLANT
An authentic Chinese recipe with a twist! Made using our Kissan Garam Masala and Kissan Curry Masala, this vegetarian dish can easily become a staple meal for your family. Give this Savoury Chinese Eggplant dish a try!!
Savoury Chinese Eggplant Recipe
- 1 tbsp Kissan Garam Masala or Kisna Garam Masala - USA
- 4 tbsp Kissan Fried Onion
- 1/2 tbsp Kissan Curry Masala
- 2 tbsp Kissan Olive Oil
- 2 large Chinese Eggplant, washed and pat dry
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1/4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt as per taste
- Slice eggplant into slices (approx. 3 inches long and 0.5 inch wide). Place pieces into a large bowl of cold salted water and place a smaller lid on top to force the eggplant to stay under water for 20 min. this shortens the cooking time and prevents the eggplant from completely absorbing oil when pan frying.
- Heat Kissan Olive Oil in a pan, add minced garlic and ginger paste, saute it for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Add salt, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, Kissan Curry Masala and Kissan Garam Masala. Mix thoroughly.
- Drain the water from eggplant slices and pour it into pan. Mix well.
- Cook it for 10-15 minutes until eggplant get softened. Sprinkle Kissan Fried Onions over it and turn the heat off.
- All done! Serve warm.
Hope you enjoyed this Savoury Chinese Eggplant Recipe!
We are so glad you are here! Let us know on social media when you make this dish for a chance to be featured! Hope you enjoy this comfort food with someone you LOVE!
Don't Have all the Ingredients?! Get Kissan Products Here:
"When Quality Counts, Trust In Kissan"