📣 KISSAN TANDOORI MASALA NOW AVAILABLE FOR DELIVERY TO UNITED KINGDOM! 📣
SAVORY CHINESE EGGPLANT
An authentic Chinese recipe with a twist! Made using our Kissan Garam Masala and Kissan Curry Masala, this vegetarian dish can easily become a staple meal for your family.
Give this Savoury Chinese Eggplant dish a try!!
Savory Chinese Eggplant
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Course: Main Course, Side Dish
Keyword: Fried onion, Garam, onion, Vegetables, Vegetarian
Servings: 2 people
Calories: 235 kcal
- Slice eggplant into slices (approx. 3 inches long and 0.5 inch wide). Place pieces into a large bowl of cold salted water and place a smaller lid on top to force the eggplant to stay under water for 20 min. this shortens the cooking time and prevents the eggplant from completely absorbing oil when pan frying.
- Heat Kissan Olive Oil in a pan, add minced garlic and ginger paste, saute it for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Add salt, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, Kissan Curry Masala and Kissan Garam Masala. Mix thoroughly.
- Drain the water from eggplant slices and pour it into pan. Mix well.
- Cook it for 10-15 minutes until eggplant get softened. Sprinkle Kissan Fried Onions over it and turn the heat off.
- All done! Serve warm.