SAFFRON CHICKEN – KESARI MURGH
Healthy and nutritious and all in just one bowl of Saffron Chicken. Create a warm dish appealing to both the eyes and the tummy! Enjoy the authentic chicken recipe made using our Kissan Desi Ghee and Kissan Garam Masala.
Saffron Chicken - Kesari Murgh Recipe
- 2 tbsp Kissan Desi Ghee
- 1/2 tbsp Kissan Garam Masala or Kisna Garam Masala
- 2 lbs Chicken, boneless
- 8 oz Onion, peeled and pureed
- 3 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 100g Cashew Paste
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 cup Yoghurt, whipped
- 1 tbsp Salt or as per taste
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Green Cardamom
- 3 whole Cloves
- 1 tbsp Saffron
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 3 tbsp Coriander, fresh and chopped
- Cut and clean chicken into pieces, sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Heat the Kissan Desi Ghee in a large pan over medium heat. Stir-fry the cinnamon, cardamom and cloves for 1 minute. Add onion puree and ginger garlic paste. Cook it until turn light brown.
- Meanwhile Soak the saffron threads in 2 tbsp milk for 15 minutes.
- Add yogurt and soaked saffron in onion mixture and simmer it for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces, simmer for 5 minutes then mix cashew paste and cook it for another 15 minutes.
- Add the cream, heat through. Sprinkle Kissan Garam Masala and mix it.
- All done! Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with roti or rice.
Hope you enjoyed this Saffron Chicken- Kesari Murgh Recipe!
We are so glad you are here! Let us know on social media when you make this dish for a chance to be featured! Hope you enjoy this comfort food with someone you LOVE!
Don't Have all the Ingredients?! Get Kissan Products Here:
"When Quality Counts, Trust In Kissan"