ROASTED TANDOORI TURKEY
Maybe you’re already familiar with all things tandoori, if that’s the case, then you should kick things up a notch with a Tandoori Turkey! It’s not as intimidating as it looks. Branch beyond the ordinary and try this Roasted Tandoori Turkey made using our signature Kissan Tandoori spice blend.
Graduate easily from regular tandoori to a turkey easily with a little bit more marinade and the ease of a roasting bag! You’ll be surprise what crisp lime juice, fresh yogurt, Garam and fragrant Tandoori can do to transform a turkey from boring to wow.
Try our Kissan's Tandoori Turkey made using our signature Tandoori spice blend.
- 1 Turkey Roasting Bag
- 1 12-14 Lb Turkey
- 1/4 Cup Kosher Salt
- 5 Black Cardamom Pods
- 5 Green Cardamom Pods
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Celery Stalks chopped
- 1 Medium Red Onion Chopped
- Pat turkey dry with paper towels. Rub with salt inside and out; transfer to roasting bag.
- Stuff Turkey with cardamom pods and cumin seeds, then onion celery and garlic.
- Puree all ingredients in a blender. Pour marinade into roasting bag.
- Smear marinade all over Turkey making sure to coat the whole Turkey. Arrange Turkey, breast side down in a large heavy roasting pan. Refrigerate overnight.
- Let Turkey stand for 1 hour at room temperature in roasting bag.
- Turn breast side up and create steam holes in bag if required. (Refer to manufacturers instructions for roasting bag)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Roast turkey for 30 minutes then reduce heat to 350 F. Roast until internal temperature (read by instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of turkey, by puncturing bag) registers 160 F, about 1- 11/2 hours.
- Cut top of bag open, careful of steam and juices, pull back over turkey.
- Continue roasting turkey until breast is deeply browned (not burnt) and thermometer reads 165 F. About 15 - 30 minutes.
- Transfer to platter and let rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- In the meantime, strain juices into large saucepan. Spoon fat from surface and simmer over medium heat until sauce is reduced 3 1/2 cups, about 20 minutes.
- Carve turkey and serve with accompanying sides and gravy. Enjoy!