Lactose-Free Tandoori Chicken
Tandoori chicken is always best when made in a tandoori oven or on a grill, but this oven roasted version works just as well! Flatten your chicken (or ask your butcher to!) for an easier, faster roasting experience check out all the details below!
- 1 Whole Chicken, flattened or 3 lb chicken drumsticks
- 2 Cups Lactose-Free Yogurt Or 1 1/2 cup Coconut Yogurt
- 1/2 Container 70g Kissan Tandoori Masala
- 1/2 Lemon Juice and zest
- 2 Large Potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 Carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 Lemon, halved
- 2 Green Onions, cut lengthwise
- 2 Cloves Garlic, whole
- Marinate the chicken - mix the yogurt, spice mix and lemon together. Taste and season with a pinch of salt. If you want it hotter, add cayenne
- Toss the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate covered for 12-24 hours
- Preheat oven to 350F
Boil the potatoes in salted water for 8 minutes. Transfer to roasting pan. Add the rest of the vegetables and 1 cup water or chicken stock. Lay the chicken carefully over everything, discarding any leftover marinade.
- Cover and roast for 1 hour. Broil the chicken on high for 3 minutes for a little char (watch it doesn't burn!) Let rest for 10 minutes
- Carve the chicken carefully. Spoon some sauce and vegetables over the rice or your choice of side. Lay the chicken over top.