CHAI PUMPKIN PIE
“Tried one pumpkin pie you’ve tried them all.” Well that’ s simply not the case with this clever twist to a classic favorite! Similar enough you have the happiness and comfort, but with that little extra boost of goodness! Not only delicious, but this pie is infused with a variety of intricate flavours and nutrients. It’s also light and fresh making it a perfect desert.
Chai Pumpkin Pie
Looking for a delicious dessert? Try our Kissan Chai Pumpkin Pie made using our Kissan Tea Masala. Spice up your pumpkin pie with the taste of cinnamon and cardamom in this recipe below!
Try our Kissan Chai Pumpkin Pie. Made using our Kissan Tea Masala, add a little spice and the warm smell of cinnamon and cardamom to your kitchen this year!
- 6 1/4 oz All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3-4 Tbsp Cold Water
- 1 Stick Butter cubed and chilled
- 3-5 Tbsp Kissan Tea Masala depending on how spicy you like it
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- 1 pinch Salt
- Place 2/3 of flour into food processor. Add sugar, salt and butter. Pulse until mix starts to significantly clump together. Loosen larger lumps with spatula and add in flour remaining. Pulse mixture 5 times more.
- Transfer to large bowl and sprinkle with 3 Tbsp water.
- Fold mixture together (carefully) If it is still dry add last Tbsp of water in small sprinkles.
- Wrap in plastic and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once dough has cooled, remove from refrigerator and roll out on floured surface. You will want to make sure to roll out dough so that it can cover a 9 inch pie pan with 1/2 inch overhang.
- Drape dough onto pie plate and trim away excess dough. Fold the 1/2 inch overhang under and pinch to create a pretty border.
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Beat sugar and eggs together until frothy. Add pumpkin, chai and salt. Stir ingredients together, being sure that all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Add evaporated milk and whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into pie pan and place in oven. Bake at 450 F for 8 minutes. Reduce to 325 F and bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 25-35 minutes.
- Allow pie to cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Over the years, Indian Chai Tea has gained popularity for its unique aromatic flavours. Kissan Tea Masala was created using the finest gourmet spices to create a flavourful and fragrant cup of tea. This versatile blend can also be used as an ingredient in: Gingerbread Cookies, Cupcakes, Apple Butter, Zucchini Bread, Shortbread, Pudding, Apple Crisp, Sweet Potatoes, and more!
TREAT YOUR FRIENDS TO A DELICIOUS CHAI PUMPKIN PIE!!
Also, if you made the recipe and love it as much as we did, we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to comment below, or let us know via social media.