CASHEW CREAM LENTIL BALLS
Lentils were believed to have originated in Central Asia and have been eaten by humans since Neolithic times. Lentils were one of the first domesticated crops.
If vegetarian dishes aren’t your usual go to meal – give this recipe a try, we promise you won’t be disappointed!
- 3/4 Cups Lentils
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 3 Tbsp Kissan Tandoori Masala
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup Cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Chipotle Powder Can sub with smoked paprika for less heat
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Bring lentils, spice mix and stock to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes
- Transfer to food processor with everything else and some salt and pepper, pulse until just combined.
- Form balls and place on baking sheet in centre of oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Drain Cashews and transfer to a blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until everything is super smooth. Adjust consistency with water, a few tbsp at a time. Taste and adjust salt and seasoning.
- Once Lentil Balls are cooked remove from oven, plate and drizzle with Cashew Cream. Enjoy!