This vegetable lasagna is loaded with veggies and full of nutrition. A best alternative
to cut the calories but not the taste.
Prep Time: 40 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
Course: Main Course, Side Dish
Cuisine: American, Italian
Keyword: Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian
Servings: 6 people
Calories: 280 kcal
- 1 tbsp Kissan Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 tbsp salt or as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan grated
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 4 oz mozorella
- 2 cup marinara sauce
- 6 lasagna noodles
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the Kissan Olive Oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, salt and pepper. Cook it for 5-7 minutes then add garlic, stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Blend the cottage cheese and broccoli in a blender until smooth.
- In onion mixture add Parmesan, lemon zest, mozzarella then fold in the spinach and basil (if using).
- Now spread 1/2 cup marinara on the bottom of an 8-inch baking dish. Top with 2 noodles and spread 1/2 cup more marinara over top. Pour the half of the broccoli mixture.
- Top with 2 noodles, half the remaining marinara and then the remaining broccoli mixture. Top with the remaining noodles and marinara and onion mixture, then sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella.
- Cover tightly with nonstick foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until the noodles are tender and the top is golden brown, 15 more minutes.
- All done!! Slice it and serve hot.