TASTY SPICED MUTTER PANEER RECIPE
Mutter Paneer is a traditional North Indian curry dish. Breaking down the name, “mutter” means green peas and “paneer” is a traditional Indian cheese. This is a delicious vegetarian option to your everyday meals. Your family will love it!
Tasty Spiced Mutter Paneer
Course: Main Course
- 1 tbsp Kissan Desi Ghee or Kissan Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kissan Curry Masala
- ½ tsp Kissan Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, chopped
- ¼ - Onion, chopped
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Coriander
- ½ cup Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup Frozen Green Peas
- 400 g Fried Paneer
- 1 cup Potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups Water
- Fresh coriander or Fennel leaves garnish *optional
- Roti, Rice or Naan.
- In a medium size pot, heat Kissan Olive Oil or Kissan Desi Ghee over medium temperature.
- Add cumin seeds and stir fry for a few minutes. Once cumin seeds are browned, add ginger, garlic and onions.
- Sauté onions until they begin to turn brown.
- Add Kissan Curry Masala, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt to taste and crushed tomatoes. Mix all ingredients together.
- Pan-fry mixture for at least 5 minutes. If the mixture begins to stick, add a little water.
- Stir in frozen green peas and potatoes to mixture.
- Add water, cover pot and cook over medium-low heat until potatoes are soft, approximately 20-25 min.
- Then remove lid and add fried paneer, Kissan Garam Masala and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- You may garnish with corriander leaves and fennel leaves before serving.
- Serve with rice, roti or naan.