Cook Time: 1 hour and 30 mins
Serves: 8 people
- 3 tbsp Kissan Desi Ghee
- 1 tbsp Kissan Garam masala
- 4 tbsp Kissan Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 15 Green chillies (10 for creating a paste and 5 sliced)
- ½ bunch Mint leaves
- ½ bunch Coriander leaves
- 3 large Red Onions
- 2 Tomato chopped
- 3 tbsp Ginger paste
- 3 tbsp Garlic paste
- 2 Lb Uncooked medium size shrimp (peeled, deveined and cleaned)
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt
- 4 cups Uncooked Basmati rice
- ½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- 5 to 7 Cloves
- 2 or 3 Bay leaves
- 3 tbsp Coriander powder
- 6 cups boiled water
- Salt to taste
- Grind Mint & Coriander leaves in food processor with enough water to create a thick paste
- Grind 10 green chillies with enough water to create a thick paste
- Take Shrimp, mix 1tbsp of green chili paste, 2tbsp of each ginger and garlic paste, 2 tbsp of mint & coriander paste 1 tbsp yogurt, salt to taste. Mix well and set aside
- Rinse rice and soak for ten minutes, drain the water and set aside
- Using a large pot, add olive oil, ghee, bay leaves, cloves and Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add sliced green chillies; add balance ground pastes (ginger, garlic, green chilli paste & mint coriander paste). Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the pot, and cook for 2 mins, add coriander powder, salt, and garam masala. Sauté well. Add shrimp and sauté for 2 to mins, add balance yogurt, boiled water, then pour everything in the rice cooker.
- Once rice is cooked, garnish with coriander leaves on drizzle with Kissan Desi Ghee.
Hope you enjoyed this Shrimp Biryani Recipe!
We are so glad you are here! Let us know when you make this dish when you share to social media for a chance to be featured on our page! Hope you enjoy this comfort food with someone you LOVE!
Don't Have all the Ingredients?! Get Kissan Products Here: