REFRESHING MANDARIN SALAD WITH ALMOND OIL DRESSING
If you’ve never tried it – Kissan Almond Oil makes an excellent healthy base for a salad dressing! You can use it as the only source of fats in the dressing or combine it with other healthy oils. Recipe below!
TRY THIS DELICIOUS MANDARIN SALAD FLAVOURED WITH KISSAN ALMOND OIL!
Sweet and savoury combined in this undeniable salad that will have your guests calling for more!
- 1/4 cup Kissan Almond Oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 11 can mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1/2 cup chicken breast (optional) cooked/sliced
- For the dressing, combine Kissan Almond Oil, sugar, salt , white vinegar , hot pepper sauce in tightly covered jar or bowl.
- Shake /whisk well to mix. Set aside.
- In a skillet, combine almonds and sugar.
- Cook over low heat.
- Stir constantly until sugar is melted and almonds are coated and lightly browned (5 to 8 minutes).
- Spread cooked almonds on waxed paper and let it cool completely.
- Pour dressing salads on greens, drained mandarin oranges, and cooked almonds.
- Add chicken if desired and serve. (if not added recipe is only 213 calories per serving)