Colorful Papdi Chaat
Papdi Chaat can take on many variations, but this particular version is a monster of a delight with two chutneys, tender potatoes and chickpeas, tangy yogurt, a medley of eye-catching red onions, pomegranate seeds, diced tomatoes, and finished with a generous snowing of crunchy Sev noodles.
FOR THE GREEN CHUTNEY
- 1 1/2 c. freshly chopped cilantro, tender stems and leaves
- 1 1/2 c. mint leaves
- 1 large clove garlic, diced
- 1/4 diced yellow onion
- 2 green serrano peppers, sliced
- 1 tsp. freshly minced ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. black salt
- 1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 c. water
Instructions for Green Chutney
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- In a large serving dish, place Papdis in a single layer. Top with cooked potatoes, chickpeas, yogurt, tamarind chutney, green chutney, red onion, red chilis (if using), tomatoes, Sev, cilantro, and pomegranate as desired. Sprinkle some Kissan Chaat Masala on top.