MADRAS CURRY SOUP
When it’s dreary and cold outside, it’s so lovely to eat a hot and steam bowl of comfort for dinner. If you are looking for a comforting meal on those cold winter days, look no further! Try this hearty and nutritious Madras Curry Soup sure to warm you down to your toes!
Madras Curry Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Madras Curry Powder
- 3 Green Onions thinly sliced (reserve some for garnish), divided
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 4 cans Reduced -Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cups chicken breast, copped and cooked
- 2 cups Shredded Carrots
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes and Chiles
- 1 can whole-new Potatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 can Light Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Uncooked Rice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- Preheat Oven to 425 F
- Warm oil in Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in green onions and garlic and cook, stirring often, about 2 minutes or until wilted. Stir in Madras Curry Powder, cumin and salt, and cook, stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, coconut milk, tomatoes and chilies, chicken, carrots, and rice. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Spoon into deep bowls and sprinkle each with reserved green onions.
Hope you enjoyed this Madras Curry Soup Recipe!
We are so glad you are here! Share your photo when you make this dish on social media for a chance to be featured! Hope you enjoy this comfort food with someone you LOVE!
Don't Have all the Ingredients?! Get Kissan Products Here:
"When Quality Counts, Trust In Kissan"