HOLIDAY GINGERBREAD COOKIES WITH KISSAN DESI GHEE
Nothing says “celebrate” and “comfort” quite like cookies! Check out these Holiday Gingerbread Cookies made with Kissan Desi Ghee to add a bit of deliciousness to your special occasions. Or anytime, because do you really need a special reason to treat yourself right?!?
- 1/2 cup Kissan Desi Ghee
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, with mixer at a low speed, beat together flour, sugar, butter, molasses, egg, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees(F).
- On a lightly floured surface, taking half the dough at a time, roll 1/8 inch thick. With cookie cutters of your choice, cut the dough into desired shapes. Re-roll trimmings and cut accordingly.
- Place cookies 1/2 inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes – or until very lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- Decorate cookie as you please.