BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SWEET POTATO CURRY SOUP
A delicious blend of butternut squash and sweet potatoes simmered with Kissan Curry Masala and Kissan Desi Ghee makes a tasty and easy Indian-style soup that is great on a chilly night. For this recipe we used the ever so popular Instant Pot to create this tasty dish. High pressure cooking feature allows you to soften tough vegetables like squash and sweet potato in half the cooking time that a traditional boiling method would take. Your family will thank you!
Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Curry Soup Recipe
Cook Time: 20 min Course: Soup Cuisine: Fusion Servings: 4-6
- 1 1/2 tsp Kissan Curry Masala
- 2 tbsp Kissan Desi Ghee or Kissan Vegetable Ghee
- Pumpkin Seeds for garnishing (Optional) or Kissan Crispy Fried Onions
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 can Organic Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Butternut Squash, cut and cubed (Or Squash of Choice)
- 2 cups Sweet Potatoes, cut and cubed
- 3 cups Broth
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 inch Ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnishing (optional)
- Use Sauté setting on Instant Pot - and add Kissan Ghee when hot.
- Once melted, add onions, ginger, garlic and pinch of salt - sauté until softened, and mix in all the remainder of the ingredients (except coconut milk.)
- Close the instant pot securely and set timer for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, carefully depressurize to access contents - blend with immersion blender or separately in a food processor.
- Add the coconut milk, and stir until completely blended.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot!
Hope you enjoyed this Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Curry Soup Recipe!
We are so glad you are here! Let us know when you make this dish when you share to social media for a chance to be featured on our page! Hope you enjoy this comfort food with someone you LOVE!
Don't Have all the Ingredients?! Get Kissan Products Here:
"When Quality Counts, Trust In Kissan"