Tandoori chicken is always best when made in a tandoori oven or on a grill, but this oven roasted version works just as well! Flatten your chicken (or ask your butcher to!) for an easier, faster roasting experience check out all the details below! Add some potatoes and veggies to this Tandoori Chicken and have a yummy dinner with some Indian flair thanks to @cheflifelizzi for creating this recipe for us.
Kissan Tandoori Chicken Recipe
- 70g Kissan Tandoori Masala
- 3 tbsp Kissan Garam Masala or Kisna Garam Masala - USA
- 1 Chicken, flattened
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Lemon Juice and Zest
- 2 large Potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 Carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 Lemon, halved
- 2 Green Onions, cut lengthwise
- 2 Cloves Garlic, whole
- Marinate the chicken - mix the yogurt, spices and lemon together. Taste and season with a pinch of salt. If you want it hotter, add cayenne
- Toss the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate covered for 12-24 hours
- Preheat oven to 350F
Boil the potatoes in salted water for 8 minutes. Transfer to roasting pan.Add the rest of the vegetables and 1 cup water or chicken stock. Lay the chicken carefully over everything, discarding any leftover marinade.
- Cover and roast for 1 hour. Then broil on high for 3 minutes for a little char (watch it doesn't burn!) Let rest for 10 min.
- Carve carefully. Spoon some sauce and vegetables over the rice or your choice of side. Lay the chicken on top.
Hope you enjoyed this Tandoori Chicken Recipe!
We are so glad you are here! Share your photo when you make this dish on social media for a chance to be featured! Hope you enjoy this comfort food with someone you LOVE!
Don't Have all the Ingredients?! Get Kissan Products Here:
"When Quality Counts, Trust In Kissan"