Tandoori chicken is always best when made in a tandoori oven or on a grill, but this oven roasted version works just as well! Flatten your chicken (or ask your butcher to!) for an easier, faster roasting experience check out all the details below!
Add some potatoes and veggies to this Tandoori Chicken and have a yummy dinner with some Indian flair thanks to @cheflifelizzi for creating this recipe for us.
- 1 Chicken, flattened
- 2 Cups Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Container 70g Kissan Tandoori Masala
- 1/2 Lemon Juice and zest
- 2 Large Potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 Carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 Lemon, halved
- 2 Green Onions, cut lengthwise
- 2 Cloves Garlic, whole
- Marinate the chicken - mix the yogurt, spice mix and lemon together. Taste and season with a pinch of salt. If you want it hotter, add cayenne
- Toss the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate covered for 12-24 hours
- Preheat oven to 350F
Boil the potatoes in salted water for 8 minutes. Transfer to roasting pan.Add the rest of the vegetables and 1 cup water or chicken stock. Lay the chicken carefully over everything, discarding any leftover marinade.
- Cover and roast for 1 hour. Broil the chicken on high for 3 minutes for a little char (watch it doesn't burn!) Let rest for 10 minutes
- Carve the chicken carefully. Spoon some sauce and vegetables over the rice or your choice of side. Lay the chicken over top.