ICELANDIC COD FILLET SPICED WITH KISSAN FISH MASALA
Something smells fishy in the Kissan kitchen! Must be this amazing Icelandic Cod Fillet Recipe flavoured with our Fish Masala, as prepared for us and featured on ninacocina.ca
Icelandic Cod Fillets Spiced with Kissan Fish Masala Recipe
Cook Time: 20 min Course: Main Dish Cuisine: Indian Servings:4Ingredients
- 2 tbsp Kissan Fish Masala Powder
- 3 Fillets of Icelandic Cod
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 3 tbsp Water
- Salt to Taste
For the Garnish:
- Thinly Sliced Lemon Slices
- 1/2 Red Onion, coarsely sliced
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- In a small bowl mix all ingredients together (excluded the fish) make into a thick paste, add water a little at a time (should be thick and not runny) or until desired consistent is reached.
- Place Cod fillets on a flat dish lined with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Spread the marinade over the fish, make sure to flip and cover both sides.
- Gently Cover and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Preheat a cast iron or oven safe pan on the stove with oil until it is extremely Hot. Cast iron work well for this dish as it conducts heat well.
- Place the fillets in the pan and add the lemon slices and chopped onions. And quickly place in oven.
- Cook without mixing for approximately 15-20 minutes. Cook time may vary depending on how thick your fillets are.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime or lemon juice.
- Serve with fresh made roti or rice. It’s perfectly spiced to compliment the light flaky texture of the fish.
Hope you enjoyed this Icelandic Cod Fillets Spiced with Kissan Fish Masala Recipe!
We are so glad you are here! Share your photo when you make this dish on social media for a chance to be featured! Hope you enjoy this comfort food with someone you LOVE!
Don't Have all the Ingredients?! Get Kissan Products Here:
"When Quality Counts, Trust In Kissan"
Be the first to comment.