CHICKEN MADRAS CURRY
Looking for a delicious comfort food recipe? Sick your everyday fare, and craving something new? Try this traditional Chicken Curry, made using our Kissan Madras Curry Powder.
Fill your home with the aroma of Madras Curry and delight your family and friends with the mouth watering taste. It’s warm and comforting making it a perfect cold day dish.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into pieces.
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 piece ginger 2inch long
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp Kissan Madras Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp Kissan Desi Ghee
- 1 tbsp Kissan Garam Masala
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- salt as per taste
- 2 red Chile peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 5 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Blend together onions, Chile peppers, ginger, and garlic in a blender with a splash of water into a smooth paste
- Heat Kissan Desi Ghee in a large pan at medium heat. Cook paste until slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and Kissan Madras Curry Powder and simmer it for 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper, turmeric and Kissan Garam Masala and mix it thoroughly.
- Cook and stir chicken in the spice paste mixture until browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of water and reduce the heat and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Scatter cilantro on top. Serve hot with roti, naan or rice.